Custom Orthotics at Mageta Physiotherapy & Performance Clinic (Maple Ridge)
“Good Posture and Joint Health Begin Where the Foot Meets the Ground” Sole Supports
Steven Lammers, MPT (Owner and Physiotherapist) at Mageta Physiotherapy & Performance Clinic has thoroughly done his research in order to offer the best possible orthotic product for his clients. Doesn’t it make sense that the health care practitioner who is working on a particular pathology is also responsible for creating the orthotic which may be a key component in relieving that pathology? This is why Steven has substantiated his practice with the ability to create a truly custom orthotic.
What is an orthotic? It is a supportive device which is placed inside foot wear, to change the mechanical function of the foot. To date, only SOLE SUPPORTS manufactures full arch contact orthotics, calibrated to flex for your weight, foot size and type. Most other orthotics are either just a cushion or have a one-size- fits all, poor arch support that is not customized to your foot. They may feel fine but they fail to actually change foot position and function.
Here is a list of pathologies/situations that can be corrected by the use of a proper/ truly custom orthotic:
- Foot and Ankle Pain
- Low back and SI Joint Pain
- Knee Pain
- IT Band Syndrome
- Bunions, Plantar fasciitis
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Hallux Rigidus
- Achilles Tendonopathy
If you think you could benefit from the use of a custom orthotic, here are the steps that Steven takes to ensure that they are the right fit for you:
- A full body assessment and a physiotherapy visit will be conducted (please allow 1 full hour)
- Taping of the foot/arch which will allow you to test the ‘feeling’ of a supported arch for 2-3 days
- If you feel that the taping has benefited you, the next visit (if required) will include a full casting in a 3-dimensional foam impression in optimal foot posturing/ positioning.
- You are then asked what colour, material and texture of the orthotic works best for your lifestyle and shoe type (samples are given to you to pick)
- This foam impression of your foot is digitally scanned and sent to the lab
- The orthotic is usually delivered within 7 days
- When they arrive we will call you and instructions are given to ensure that you “break in” and use your orthotics correctly
- Steven will work with you until the orthotics work for you
If you have extended health benefits and would like to claim them, please ensure you have a doctors note (if required- Steven may able to write this requisition) before you begin the process with Steven. Review your health policy plan for details with respect to this.
All visits, paper work, shipping and correction are included in the cost of $450 +GST
Call the clinic if you require an appointment or more information! 604-465-8773